The Logan Zoning Department has the following duties:
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, interpretation, or determination made by the zoning inspector.
- To authorize such variances from the terms of this chapter as will not be contrary to the public interest, where owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of this chapter will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of this chapter shall be observed and substantial justice done.
- To grant conditional uses as specified in the official schedule or district regulations and under the conditions specific in this chapter and such additional safeguards as will uphold the intent of this chapter.
- To allow an extension of time for a previously issued zoning permit.
- To determine the actual boundaries of a zoning district where an applicant alleges a conflict exists with the official zoning map.
- To authorize the substitution, expansion or replacement of damaged, non-conforming uses as provided in this chapter.
- To determine that a proposed use not specifically provided for in this chapter is substantially similar to a use that is specifically provided for in this chapter.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals does not meet on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Rather, meetings are scheduled and conducted when there are one or more pending appeals.